Barry Holliday’s Professional Summary
- Executive director of a national trade association representing the dredging industry, collaborating with the Corps of Engineers and numerous Federal and state regulatory agencies, Congress, and the Administration.
- Organized and chaired a national maritime coalition consisting of national and regional associations, labor unions, regional port organizations, and state government agencies to seek Harbor Maintenance Trust Fund legislative change.
- 33 years’ experience managing the Corps of Engineers navigation program, including the development of research programs investigating various environmental impacts of dredging and dredged material disposal operations in coastal and ocean sites.
- More than 10 years of experience lobbying Congress, a graduate degree in oceanography, and post-graduate oceanography work at Texas A&M.
- Have exceptional knowledge and understanding of ocean conservation challenges and ability to develop innovative strategies and collaborative policy dialogue with members of Congress and their staffs and with the NGO community.
- Demonstrated strategic ability to build broad-based coalitions and integrate resources to accomplish major policy and legislative initiatives.